A groundbreaking new course based on Steiner Waldorf with an introduction to the Pikler approach to child development, play and care with a birth to three emphasis.
This Holistic Baby and Child Care qualification synthesises Steiner Waldorf international Birth to Three training guidelines, an introduction to the Pikler approach, and Early Years Foundation Stage requirements. Led by Dorothy Marlen and certified by Crossfields Institute and the national awarding body CACHE, the qualification has been designed to meet the requirements of the government’s criteria for Early Years Educator (Level 3) qualifications for carers of children from birth to five, released in July 2013, whilst uniquely offering a birth to three emphasis.
The programme covers the development and care of children up to five years old, with an emphasis on the crucial first three years. It provides depth of understanding and a practical foundation for those wishing to work in Steiner settings and mainstream. The training provides a Level 3 Early Years Educator qualification for those wishing to care for children up to five years old in both Steiner and mainstream nurseries and kindergartens. The course also prepares parent and child group leaders, child-minders, play group leaders, parenting course leaders and carers of children up to three years old.
Students and tutors on a residential at Emerson College
How is this training different from other Early Years trainings?
As well as fully meeting the criteria required by DfE standards for Early Years Educator qualifications, the training uniquely provides:
- An integrated and detailed understanding of the development and respectful care of children under three
- An in depth understanding of how to enable natural and full gross and fine motor development in the first three years
- An emphasis on the principles and practice of creating care environments that encourage play exploration from birth to five, as this is the way children predominantly learn
- Hands-on experience in practical and artistic skills, as well as singing, storytelling, simple puppetry, celebration of festivals and how to create a calm, imitation-rich environment
- “Home from home” and outdoor models of childcare
- A journey in self-development that will confer skills and confidence for caring for children, as well as supporting parents in parent and child groups, parent and baby groups and in other forms of parent support
“A deep nourishing insight into Early Years Education. I would recommend it to anyone who wishes to enter this profession (journey)and to anyone who is already in Early Years Education at a mainstream setting.” - Lorena Alina Cavalcanti, Graduating student 2017
The cost of the course is £3,100.
This comprises £2,769 for course fee, £316 registration with Crossfields Institute for CACHE Diploma, £10 registration with Steiner Waldorf School Fellowship and £5 registration with the Association of Steiner Waldorf Teacher Educators.
For information on grants, loans and bursaries, please contact Chiara Carones, firstname.lastname@example.org
Please click here http://www.emerson.org.uk/holistic-baby-and-child-care for more information and to apply.