Our Training Courses and One Day Workshops are open to anyone who wishes to learn:
- As a Soul Advocate you can work professionally supporting a person from their initial diagnosis and continuing through to their dying process.
- As a Soul Advocate you can support members of your local community, friends and family through to their dying process.
- As a Soul Advocate you can become aware of transforming the view held by many; that death, seen as the feared spectre at the end of life, may become peacefully accepted by them as the natural life event it is.
How do we teach?
We teach by providing talks, individual exercises, small group work, discussion groups and through the mediums of touch and sound.
The course provides a two year support and supervision process during which time every newly trained Soul Advocate will be able to link in with the course leaders each time they are working with a person.
We envisage this support as a vital ingredient of the Embracing Dying training.
What do we teach?
The overall theme is to learn, to experience and to explore. We have built a three day training curriculum which will include:
- Introduction to the Embracing Dying process which may begin with a person’s terminal diagnosis or only a few days prior to death.
- Mindfulness, Listening.
- Connecting with the person, Awareness of the family dynamic.
- Soul wounds, Anxieties, Deeply held beliefs.
- The dangers of fixing and rescuing.
- Touch Massage, Essential oils.
- Sound work.
- Co-creating an end of life plan.
- What is ritual.
- The Vigil, Witnessing.
- The Stages of Dying.
- Self-care, Boundaries.
- Death-bed visions, Near-death experiences.
The aim of this course is to provide a support service that may be offered to all individuals, regardless of their religious, spiritual or humanistic orientation. In this regard, the inner development of the Soul Advocate is key to being able to offer: empathic listening, support, inner flexibility, a non-judgemental attitude and an unconditional loving presence.
Contact: Cathie Green
Phone: 07974 390197
More information: https://www.embracingdying.com/
My Belief and My Aim with Embracing Dying
I would like to see death and dying becoming integrated into life as the natural life event that it is. Often death is seen as the feared spectre at the end of life that nobody wants to talk about.
Birth, life and death all belong to the same fabric, the threads of each experience weave between one another. We, as a society need to learn to wear these threads with comfort. Doctors and the medical world have death well covered with “Care Plans, Pain Control” and more. What is lacking though is Soul Preparation’ I mean, do you book a holiday without preparing for it, for example: what to take? How to travel? Who you take with you? What will you wear? We equally if given the time beforehand, would find it truly beneficial to do some ‘Soul preparation’.
Thoughts like this are what led me to create the Embracing Dying course. It is a course for everyone, whether you are caring for your loved one at the close of their life, or if you have just been given a terminal diagnosis yourself, or have heard that someone you know be they your neighbor friend or colleague, if indeed you want to feel you can help, when dying becomes a part of your life experience.
People often think that they will not be confident to care for someone who is dying. Fear and uncertainty stop them even thinking that they could truly offer a helpful contribution. Why not I ask you, if death is a natural part of life? The Embracing Dying courses will you show you how and give you the tools to know that you can make such a difference.